Water Service Policy & Customer Responsibilities (Required) 1. BILLING & PAYMENT- Water bills are mailed monthly and must be paid before the discount date shown thereon to obtain the net rate. After the discount date, the gross rate (the net bill plus 10%) will apply. A minimum monthly bill is due and payable even if no water is consumed. If the bill is not paid by 10 days after the discount date, the service will be terminated. If service is terminated, an additional $50.00 reconnection charge will applyduring regular office hours. After hours reconnection will cost $80.00.
2. METERS & TESTING- The District will, at its own expense, make routine tests of meters when it considers such test desirable. Meters tested at Customer’s request will require a $25.00 deposit in advance. This $25 will be refunded only if the meter is found to be registering inaccurately in favor of the District.
3. CROSS CONNECTIONS- Any physical arrangement whereby the District’s public water system may be connected, directly or indirectly, with any other water supply is not permitted, unless the connection device has been approved by the Tennessee Department of Health and is placed and used under the direct approval of the district. Backflow prevention devices are to be installed and maintained by the customer.
4. ACCESS TO CUSTOMER PREMISES- The District’s identified representatives and employees shall be granted access to customer premises at reasonable times for the purpose of reading meters, for testing, inspecting, repairing, removing, and replacing equipment belonging to the District, and for inspecting customers plumbing and premises generally, in order to assure compliance with the District’s Rules and Regulations and requirements of the Tennessee Department of Health.
5. SERVICE LINES- The District will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of service lines from the water main to and including the meter. The remaining portion of the service line beyond the meter shall be provided and maintained by the customer. (This line should be installed in accordance with the standards and plumbing codes as required by Williamson County). If a leak occurs in the Customer’s portion of the line, the water which passes through the meter shall be purchased by the customer. District policy allows only one adjustment per year (12 months) due to leaks. Leaks in irrigation systems do NOT qualify for an adjustment.
6. WATER PRESSURE- The elevation above sea level in the District service area varies from about 630 feet toover 900 feet. These variations require rather high pressure in some areas to enable the higher elevations to be served. Pressure reducers are recommended to reduce the water pressure to a desirable home use level. The District does not maintain sufficient pressure to adequately serve customers above 850 foot levels. Any location above the 850 foot level should have a storage tank and pressure pump to assure adequate water supply.
7. SERVICE TERMINATION- The customer must give a minimum of thirty (30) days’ notice to the district of service termination. All cross connection or other test/documentation must be submitted to the District before water service termination can take place at new residences (where applicable).
8. RETURNED CHECKS- There will be a $20.00 returned check charge on all returned checks.
9. DRY TAPS- Taps purchased but not being used will be assessed a minimum monthly charge equal to the District’s prevailing minimum bill.
10. IRRIGATION SYSTEMS- A separate irrigation meter is required on all new irrigation system installations after February 20, 2008.If a separate irrigation meter is in place, I understand that I will be billed a minimum usage bill every month even during months of inactivity on my irrigation system. If at any point in time I decide not to use my irrigation meter, I am responsible for letting HB & TS know that I would like my separate meter taken off the books. At the time the customer wishes to reinstate service, a new application and a $100 service fee will be applicable.
11. METER ACTIVATION- If water has been turned off at the premises due to dwelling being vacant, or at previous tenant/owner request, or as deemed necessary by the District, water will NOT be turned on for the new customer until someone can be present at the time the meter is activated. If the new customer cannot be on the premises, but requests that the meter be activated, H.B. & T.S. Utility District will NOT be held responsible for any damage that could occur due to waterline leaks, faulty plumbing, plumbing fixtures left turned on, etc. The new customer assumes responsibility for all plumbing and/or lines on their side of the meter.
* It is the customer’s responsibility to connect their domestic plumbing and or irrigation system to the meter set for such purposes after installation by the Utility District.
H.B. & T.S. UTILITY DISTRICT provides service without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, marital or family status. I agree to the Water Service Policy & Customer Responsibilities Property Owner/ Tenant Signature (Required)
By electronically signing below, I hereby acknowledge that this contract applies ONLY to the use of a domestic meter for residential
purposes and that NO NEW IRRIGATION will be connected to this meter or service line connected to this meter. I further
acknowledge that if it is determined an irrigation system has been connected to the residential meter, I will be subject to
action by the District as set forth in it Rules and Regulations.
Signature locked. Reset to sign again